Fallkniven F1 Rehandle - Part 3 / Re-start!

I've just got hold of a Fallkniven H1 stick tang blade that'll need a new handle so I thought I should actually do something about the F1 that I started back in 2011!

This was the original few posts:



As you can see, I had originally planned a micarta bolster and cocobolo handle.

I decided to change that plan to a homemade micarta handle from some black denim and tan cotton using a technique I learned from Mike Reed.

So first off, a bit of chamfering of the 90 degree corners that will be visible afterwards. This will allow the micarta to flow around the tang more effectively.

and then some cutting up of the fabric....

into this.

Gluing and squishing to follow at a later date.


No comments:

Post a Comment