A new handle for a broken palette knife has been requested!
Rather than attaching some new metal for a tang, I decided to just mold a micarta handle in place on the blade. I put a hole in the blade and will try fit a pin through it when the handle is in place.
The blade, old handle and pieces of material cut ready for laying up. I decided that adding some red layers will look nice.
All layed up with resin, ready for a weighted board to go on top. The blade is sandwiched inbetween.
This morning, all dry!
Not quite thick enough when compared tot he original handle - I will just add some extra layers of denim to the sides.
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (24)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ▼ 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
Powered by Blogger.