After watching this video this morning (Thanks Andy)
Washing Machine Death
it reminded me that I've been thinking about making a tumbler to do a stonewashed finish for a while.
I don't want to buy one as that would be boring and I don't think I would be able to get one big enough for what I want.
A simple version is just to get a tupperware box, put the tumbling media and blade in then turn it round in your hands. I've tried it and it's quite boring.
I'm going to try and make a tumbler for my bike!
I have an attachment on my bike for holding my son's bike seat, which I think could work well as the starting point.
I've made a very rough sketch to start the idea running. It'll need thinking about in more detail but it helps to formulate the idea.
The tumbler body will rest on the wheel and when I cycle back and forth to work, it'll be spun round. At least that's the plan!
I passed it to my design consultant to see what he thought.
Not sure if he was too impressed!
- ► 2016 (13)
- ► 2015 (24)
- ► 2014 (29)
- ► 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (28)
- ► 2011 (56)
- Stuart Barker PSK II with handle by me
- Another Odd Sod Tuesday
- Stuart Barker PSK with handle by me.
- Svord Peasant re-build Part 3
- A short grinding session.
- Friction Folders - Brusletto, Svord & Enzo
- A disorganised Monday...even though it's Tuesday!
- Svord Peasant re-build Part 1
- Jens Anso look-a-likes x 3 - Part 1
- Razor Blunt Bushcraft Knife Part 4
- Fixed blade version of the Spyderco Manix
- Razor Blunt Bushcraft Knife Part 3
- Razor Blunt Bushcraft Knife Part 2
- Cold Steel Kukri with a custom handle
- More convexing (but a bit different), some sanding...
- Tumbler design
- More Leuku work and some Convexing.
- This morning I worked on a the handle for a Leuku ...
- Little Kephart
- The start of the rambles.
- ▼ August (20)
Powered by Blogger.